What best helps us make money as a financial trader?
- a fantastic strategy
- time on our hands to be able to trade
- enough money to trade at the level we desire
- an environment without distraction
- the correct equipment and support software
- to be able to trade objectively, all the time
The list could go on. And of course, we could argue that all the above play a part, to some degree or other.
However, from our lessons, it is the final item that takes the biscuit.
To trade objectively (or in the zone, or from a ‘now’ moment perspective) is the engine of the whole process.
I have read ‘Trading in the Zone’ by the late Mark Douglas several times and it was only the last read where, for me, the so-called ‘light’ came on.
This may mean that I’m a bit slow in this regard. Or it could be that we need to gain a certain level of traders experience before we can properly grasp what Douglas was telling us.