Slow Trader fund
The Slow Trader fund is for friends and family. It allows investors the opportunity to access an intraday traded (hedge) fund, held in trust.
Why an opportunity, and why intraday trading is not possible for most people:
- Firstly, such traded funds are not readily available. Moreover, expert (and hopefully successful) short-term traders charge a lot in fees.
- Secondly, this form of trading is a difficult skill to master. It takes several years for a trader to graduate from the ‘beginner’ level, through ‘intermediate’, to ‘expert’. And, ‘expert’ is where we find all the capitalised reward. In other words, short-term trading, in contradiction to its name, takes a long time to learn.
- Finally, learning the intraday and day trading skills is often, through the beginner and intermediate stages, financially penalising.
The one-hour chart
From the intraday charts the fund trades long and short:
- Currency pairings GBP/USD, EUR/USD, AUD/USD, GBP/JPY, USD/CHF, USD/CAD.
- ETF US 500 ‘SPTRD’.
For each of these, we look for a technical edge.
The 1-hour chart is used in preference as this provides several trading opportunities per day; such trades are usually open from a few hours or until the following day.
We provide monthly trading stats and a detailed annual report.
The goals of the fund are:
- Protect the fund
- Increase the fund by 15% to 30% year on year
- Compound the fund year on year